New Era Eyecare patients,
We hope everyone is safe and healthy during these difficult times. The CDC and Commonwealth of Virginia have lifted the restriction on routine eye care. We will be reopening all of our locations as of June 2nd, 2020. During our reopening some of our processes will be changing to allow for appropriate social distancing and to ensure we are keeping our staff and patients safe, it’s still important to keep exposure risks to a minimum so we ask for your patience and cooperation during this transition.
Some of the things we are doing to keep everyone safe:
- Disinfecting our facilities multiple times a day
- Disinfecting all equipment after each patient
- Each frame will be disinfected after it has been handled
- Monitoring our staff’s health daily
- Reserving times for High Risk patients to be seen to give an extra layer of protection during their exams
- New Era Eyecare Employees will be wearing PPE during any interaction
- Pre-screening patients to ensure their health status before they visit our facilities.
The questions that our staff may ask during pre-screening:
1) Are you or any of your close contacts awaiting test results for coronavirus?
2) Have you or any of your close contacts been diagnosed with coronavirus?
3) Have you or any of your close contacts traveled outside of the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area in the last 2 weeks?
4) Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
5) Are you or any of your close contacts currently experiencing respiratory symptoms of fever/chills, shortness of breath, and/or a persistent cough?
6) Are you a high risk patient?
While we have made the choice to reopen our locations, we understand that you may still have the need to stay home. As always we are accepting contact lens purchases over the phone and the shipping fees will be waived during this time, and our doctors are able to treat most medical appointments through telehealth. Please give us a call to find out how we can help.
We are dedicated to our patients and will continue to provide the highest quality of eye care during these difficult times. Thank you for your patience!
-New Era Eyecare Staff