Enhanced Vision & Comfort with Scleral Lenses
Have irregular corneas or severe dry eye?
Try scleral lenses!
They’re custom fit, providing more comfortable, clear, and improved vision.
What are Scleral Lenses?
Scleral contact lenses are rigid gas permeable lenses with an extra-wide diameter. As opposed to traditional contacts, scleral lenses vault over the entire cornea, leaving a gap between the lens and the corneal surface before coming to rest on the white part of your eye (your sclera).
Their unique design has taken scleral lenses to the top of the charts for ultimate wearing comfort, healthy eyes, and excellent vision for people of all ages.
They are custom-fit to your eye and are perfect for those with hard-to-fit eyes, astigmatism, keratoconus, severe dry eye, or for those simply seeking more comfort when wearing contact lenses.
With scleral lenses, you’ll experience consistently clear vision—even if you have an irregular cornea. Here are some of the benefits provided by scleral lenses:
- Their super-size diameter ensures that they stay centered and stable on your eye, which also prevents them from popping out easily, even if you play sports or lead an active lifestyle.
- They are made up from high quality, durable materials to last for the long haul.
- The large size of the lens protects your eyes from debris, dust, and allergens, providing a perfect solution if you suffer from eye allergies.
- They are composed of highly breathable gas permeable material, which ensures that ample oxygen reaches the eye, leading to healthy eyes and comfortable lens wear.
- These lenses have a pocket that fills with moisturizing tears. This wet, lubricating cushion leads to a very comfortable wearing experience, as well as healthier eyes.
Ready to say goodbye to all those contact lenses that felt uncomfortable and didn’t give you sharp vision?
What Others Are Saying About Us
Who Wears Scleral Lenses?
Some wear them for increased comfort, while others choose sclerals because specific eye problems prevent them from wearing regular contact lenses or glasses.
Scleral lenses are extremely helpful in managing the following conditions:
Dry Eyes: For people with gritty, itchy and dry eyes, wearing traditional contact lenses are an added irritation. In contrast, the tear reservoir between the back of the scleral lens and the cornea, the front surface of the eye, allows your eyes to remain moist and comfortable all day long. This makes scleral lenses ideal for those with dry eye syndrome.
Hard-to-Fit Eyes: Those with irregularly shaped cornea, whether due to natural causes, an eye condition (i.e. keratoconus), or complications following surgery (such as LASIK), can at times develop vision problems that cannot be corrected using glasses or soft contact lenses. In such cases, scleral lenses provide a more comfortable, secure fit, and sharper vision.
Scleral lenses are particularly useful for managing these eye conditions:
- Dry Eyes
- Giant papillary conjunctivitis (GPC)
- Post-refractive surgery (i.e. LASIK, PRK)
Whatever your case, we welcome you to call our doctors to discuss your needs and assess whether scleral lenses are a suitable and effective solution for your unique case.
Learn More about Scleral Lenses | FAQ
It is our strong belief that one’s quality of life is profoundly associated with one’s vision. Vision problems, whether due to keratoconus, LASIK, ocular trauma corneal irregularities, or dry eye syndrome, affect all aspects of a patient’s life.
Relieve your discomfort by scheduling a consultation with our doctors and we’ll help you find the best solution for your condition and lifestyle.